Thursday 29 August 2013

The End


The Things I've Learnt
This is the first blog that I have ever done, and through this experience I have fallen in love with the process. Being able to share my ideas and opinions on an online forum is great, but even better, I can re visit my posts and reflect on the thoughts in the past. Each topic is well connected, and allows me to think and build more of my own ideas about the topic. The New Student



Teaching and Learning Styles
Neroplasticity is a word that I love, and is a topic that I think about often when I think about teaching techniques and learning styles. Through this blog I have explored the multiple inteligence theories and the thinking hats. I love the idea of guided thinking and critical thinking that comes from the hats, using different perspective and the oppotunities that they create in classrooms. I also think it is important to know what learning style suits your teaching and the students thinking best, and the importance of catering for all students through this. The blog has also built on my ideas of left and right sided thinking. I now know that there is less a certain side that one person thinks with, but notice the connection made between both sides. The New Student


Gen Z
The New Student
Through this blog I feel that learning about the generational gap is one of the key components to e-learning. Being able to understand and keep up with the trends, and the mind sets of students means that educators will be able to keep their education relevant and interesting. This was a favourite topic of mine as it allowed me to explore the concept of engaging students and making memorable teaching experiences.
Genz
All the tools I have Gained
AUDIO Previously discussed
  • Sound cloud
  • Itunes/android app store
  • Pod casts
  • Youtube
Reflecting on this, I feel that Audio is a good tool to use, but not the best. AUDIO
IMAGES Previously discussed
  • Photoshop
  • Flickr, Tiny Pic and Photobucket
  • Abode
  • BeFunky
  • Youtube
Reflecting on this, I feel that Images is a good tool to use, I love gifs and animating!. AUDIO
POWERPOINT Previously discussed
  • Easy to Use
  • Can Be Embedded
  • Does not need internet access
Reflecting on this, I feel that powerpoint is easy to use and relieable but students find it boring and is very over used. I would avoid it. AUDIO
VIDEO Previously discussed
  • Entertaining
  • Visual and Auditory Learners
  • Can be created by students
  • Engaging
  • Easy to use teaching tool
Reflecting on this, I love using videos, I think its a great tool which is easy to use and effective. AUDIO
PREZI
  • Entertaining
  • Organised and Easy to read
  • Can be created by students
  • Unique
  • Digital Tool (Can be viewed after and before class)
Reflecting on this, Prezie is fun to use and watch, can be used for both students and learning managers. AUDIO
BLOGGER By far my favourite tool! The opportunities for the collaboration of the class are limitless. Creating blogs for students to follow, or share and discuss content. It allows for all hours learning and communication in a safer online environment. I love the idea of blogging and will certainly use it in the futures. Reflecting on this, my favourite tool, and will definitely be using it!!!.
AUDIO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emma. I have been waiting for you to upload your word doc so your name will show up as ready to mark the synopsis. To date it has shown on my system as a blank. So I have gone looking to your blog to see what is happening.
    Can you make sure that assessment 2 is uploaded with the website link on a word doc .
    Thanks
    Gary

    ReplyDelete